Friday, November 9, 2012

Shoes

I am in a writing mood! I decided to go back and write a little something about all of the writing prompt that Josie gives us! It was Two Shoes Tuesday from September 4th! The day before my birthday!! Yay!! The writing prompt for that week was SHOES!!

I don't even have to think about this one. It's not really a story, just random things that come into my mind when I think of shoes. And I guess the only thing I think of when I think of shoes.. "Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes." I don't know about you, but I grew up with my mom drilling that into my head. When I saw the prompt was shoes once again that line popped into my head..

A couple weeks ago me and N were bored and were playing 20 questions.. I know seems silly, but we had nothing else to do and it's a good way to get to know each other just a little bit better. I asked him the question if he could trade places with anyone for a day who would it be?? He was messing around, I don't think he realized how serious I meant that question to be, I think he answered with something like Brantley Gilbert, or Carrie Underwood's husband or something like that.. I can't remember to be honest..

This story has a point I promise! He turned around and asked me the same question.. I answered with a homeless man. He just couldn't understand why I would trade places with a homeless man, that made no sense to him what so ever.. Then I explained...

I am actually quite a judgemental person. I don't mean to be, but I am. And I know I have no room to judge others, but for some reason I do.. and I don't know why but I do, I don't know their past, or what they have been through, and hell they don't know my past either. I would want to change places with a homeless man so I know what it is like to have absolutely nothing to my name. I think I have it bad now, and I complain a lot, but I have no idea how bad some people have it. There are people out there who wonder every single day if they are going to get food, or have a place to sleep, or if anyone loves them. These are all things I take for granted, I know that I have food, and I know I have a roof over my head and a place to sleep, and I know for a fact that I have people who love me. They remind me every single day. I want to walk a mile in a homeless mans shoes, not only so that I can understand how good I actually have it, but also so that for one day, even just one short day, someone can know the love I feel on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. I was delighted to see you come back to an earlier TST to add a story, feel free to do them all! :-) I thought your answer to the question you posed to N was deepy wise. I am like that, very introspective. And as hard as I try not to judge others I do, we all do. Where I work I am in contact everyday with people who have lost everything and often have little hope for a better future. Loss of material comforts is tragic, but loss of family and love, that is the poorest state of all, to have no one who cares about you or if you live or die. I think your desire to experience that, to understand, and to share your love with one broken heart is incredibly caring and inspiring. There is so much good in you, N is blessed to have you in his life!

    ReplyDelete