Thursday, November 8, 2012

Choices

Today is Thursday.. which means Two Shoes Tuesday has come and gone. I wasn't going to post anything about the word prompt that was given. It was "Choices" and I have made so many terrible choices and very few good ones, and honestly it has been a rough week for me and I wasn't ready to go back to that part of my life. Then I was going through my old Facebook photos and albums while I was in class (clearly not paying attention) and had come to a folder labeled 'Inspiration :)' I had totally forgetton about this folder. The one where I had put pictures of quote after quote after quote to help me through what had to be the hardest time in my life. I came acrossed this one and decided that I was going to write a blog anyways..

 
The three C's of life.. wow. These simple little words on that picture have never been more honest.. it's so true! When I was trying to leave J I had to make a CHOICE to take a CHANCE to get away from him if I ever wanted my life to CHANGE. If I ever wanted him to stop hitting me and beating me and threatening my life.. then I needed to make the choice to leave him. And boy was that the scariest thing I've ever done in my life..
 
The choices to make myself a better person and be happy don't end there though, now I have this wonderful man N in my life. And saying he is absolutely amazing and wonderful and sweet and kind and great, does not even begin to describe him. But I have to make the choice.. the choice to take a chance to let this man into my heart and change my life. But will he change my life for good??? Is he going to leave and hurt me??? Will he stay and love me and treat me like the princess he says I am??? I have to make this choice... and right now, the choice is clear. I let him in and I continue to make myself better, and I continue to make the right choices to take chances that will change my life forever!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I am so very GLAD you took the time to share this wonderful post with us! (By the way, I've removed all deadlines for entry on my TST posts, so that folks can add one whenever they feel inspired. I love to read what others do with the prompts so why limit it? Thus, you are not late!)

    Everything you said here in connection with the awesome quote was right on target. Everytime I come here I am amazed at clarity you have of your past and present situations and that you are finding the courage to take a chance... a very postitive chance in a hopeful direction! If you think about it all of life has risk. When we go to bed at night we risk that we will not wake up, or that a meteor will crash into the house at night, or a burglar. Sleep is a calculated risk. Love is a calculated risk, but so worth the possibility that it could lead to happy ever after. I applaud your bravery, I am praying that you will discover joy, love and faithfulness, gentleness and caring, in proportions you never dared to believe were possible! Thank you so much for sharing this on Two Shoes Tuesday, your faith in re-joining life after such hellish trauma, leaves me ending this night with a huge smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have a wonderful support system and I have my faith. God wouldn't put me through anything I couldn't handle. I am so far from the girl I was and still very far from the girl I want to be, but if there is anything I learned out of all of my sessions with my counseler it's that I cannot change the past and it has made me who I am; therefore, I need to just keep moving on and keep moving forward!

      Delete
  2. You are doing what my mom called "Borrowing Trouble".

    You can not approach every relationship as what if, what if. This moment is for you to enjoy. Doesn't meant you have to sleep with him or marry him. Just means you are enjoying the respect he shows. Simply enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. given my history, I may not be the best advice giver but I'm with Gail....just enjoy something good for a change. You deserve it. Don't second guess this new relationship, or you will forever be expecting bad things to happen. You will be doubting everthing he tells you. You will be constantly looking and waiting for the bad to pop up.... Don't let the past bad relationship affect something good.
    does that make sense? I know what I'm trying to say, but i'm just not good with words.
    Just enjoy!
    by the way....how can I follow your blog? I don't see a "follow" button.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure, I usually copy and paste the link into the 'add' section on my page.. I'm kind of new at this so I'm not sure to be honest.

      Delete
    2. duh. why didn't I think of that!! it worked! thanks...i am your newest follower!

      Delete