Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving??

Wow, I haven't written any thing in a long long time.. I just can't seem to get my thoughts in order.. There is so much going on that this will probably be really long and go off in all sorts of different directions.. I'll try to keep it at least sort of understanable, but then again this is my blog...soooo maybe I won't.

Guess I'll get right down to what's on my mind this exact moment and it's Thanksgiving!! Yayy!!! I absolutely LOVE this holiday.. I love everything about it. I love the way people tend to be nicer to each other, and treat everyone else a little bit better. I love the food and cooking the food, let's be honest that's probably the best part. All the food! And my dad taught me how to cook so I get to cook dinner and I love it! So basically yes, in case you were wondering there isn't much I don't like about this holiday! EXCEPT the stupid ass black friday that comes after it! I hate that!!! And every year it creeps up, its earlier and earlier and earlier! This holiday is about giving thanks and being with family and watching football.. but noooo this year I've seen commercials for stores that are starting at 6 am THURSDAY morning!! Are you kidding me?!?! Please, I'm begging you, please tell me that I heard that wrong.. I need to know that this holiday hasn't become more about just shopping and getting material items on sale..? Even though things like that does bother me I am still very excited for Thanksgiving.. I am spending the actual day with N's family, which just makes me the most excited person there can possibly be! These people love me and I love them! They have welcomed me in with open arms and I have never felt more welcome in a family before.. not even my own. I'm really really excited that for once I will actually spend a Thanksgiving Thursday not cooking. I know, I know, what you're thinking.. "but you said you like to cook?!" Yes I know, and that's true, but N is cooking, what can get better than that??? A whole lot of nothing! I'm going to spend bonding time with his momma and sisters while he does all of the work! Now isn't that just great?? I think so! Then we are going down to my mom's house and I'm going to be making dinner on Saturday for my whole family while he gets to sit around and have bonding time with my family! I think they are just going to love him!! Or at least I really hope so! Fingers crossed. Through all this I'll try and forget about everyone just wanting material things for half the price and enjoy my time with family! I'm really trying here.

I lost my train of thought and now I'm just no longer in the mood for writing.. Can't figure out what seems to be wrong with me these days, but at least I got a chance to get out some of my feelings..

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have wonderful days ahead of you for Thanksgiving. I hope it all goes well and it's great that you have people that welcome you into their lives....enjoy it! I hope all has been going good for you lately, yes, I've noticed you haven't written....
    I agree with the whole Black Friday thing, but unfortunately, I will be going with my daughter that day for moral support....yuck!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, this sounds like wonderful Thanksgiving plans, one day to rest and feast, and another to show off your cooking skills to N and your family! I'll be thinking good thoughts that they adore him as much as you do! Be blessed to have family to gather with, all ours are far away and it will be a quiet Thanksgiving at our place. I have no plans to be anywhere near a store on Friday, or Thursday either for that matter!! :-)

    ReplyDelete