Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Finally Happy?!

This past weekend has been one of the best weekends I've had in a long time and that scares me more than you can imagine! After everything I've been through in my past it scares me to think that I could finally be happy. I posted a Facebook status the other day that said, "Once in a while someone comes along and changes your life. Be it for better or worse they either make you stronger by loving you or leaving you. Everyone has a purpose for being in your life. Enjoy the time you have with them while you have it, you never know what tomorrow might bring!" And this scares idea scares me.

I spent the weekend with N and his family, I enjoyed every minute of it and for once I didn't feel hurt, or sad, or depressed, or angry. Just happiness. As I lay in bed on Sunday morning, listening to the birds in the trees outside and N breathing, feeling the sun on my face. A wave of fear washed over me. Why is this you may ask?? Because in the past I have learned that happiness for me anyways is shortly followed by sadness, a very strong and unbreakable sadness. One that leaves me laying in bed for days not wanting to get up or move or eat or even breathe. That's why a wave a complete terror and fear overcame me.

I rolled over and looked at N laying there sleeping. He's cute when he sleeps, looks just like a baby, a little boy that I would do anything in my power to protect. He looks so vulnerable when he sleeps. And as I watched him sleep a smile crept on my face. I like him, I like him a lot. I thought about my future and how I could imagine him in it, and how I realized the thought of him not being in my future upset me more than anything. Then I realized it, it's not that I am relying on N to make me happy, but I am happy with him. I feel safe, and wanted, and loved. All the things I never felt while I was with J.

Unintentionally, I have given N the power to hurt me and take away my happiness. I don't think he would ever do this to me, not on purpose anyways. If he does it will be an accident, but as I was laying in bed, scared that I had given this man the power to hurt me. That quote popped into my head. I never know what tomorrow may bring. So instead of waiting for him to hurt me, or expecting sadness to follow this happiness I feel, I am going to live in this moment. Every moment. And cherish everything about those moments. I will not let the fear of losing N or having him hurt me dictate how I spend the time that I do have with him. He was put in my life for a reason, and no matter why he is here, he has already changed my life more than he can even imagine. He has showed me how a man actually treats a woman. And for that I am forever grateful! 

Thought of the day:
Today's thought of a day is more of a question. I want y'all to think about the way you are living your life... in a moment things can change. It only takes a second for your life to be completely turned around. So why not live now, in the moment, as if its your last??

3 comments:

  1. I can well relate to this post too! After three nightmare marriages, when I finally met Papa Bear I was afraid he was too good to be true, or maybe that at some point he would realize I wasn't good enough and it would all disappear. I spent the first months of our relationship, maybe even the whole first year, just waiting for the other shoe to drop, for the good to end. Part of that is not believing you deserve to have a good and happy life, you've been told over and over in the past that you were not deserving, but THEY WERE WRONG! We almost try to sabotage good things that happen because we're so sure they'll go bad that we figure why prolong the suspense of waiting for it to happen. The key is to see yourself and your life in a new way, with love and forgiveness and respect, and believing that just maybe this new guy is as wonderful as he seems to be! My Papa Bear turned out to be the man of my dreams, you deserve to have yours too! Yes, you are right, good times can disappear in a moment, anything could happen to anyone, so it's important to appreciate the great moments, to make good memories. It's just as important to realize that bad times in life can change in a moment too, one just has to believe in the possibility, to believe in hope! I love your writing - it is honest and from the heart! I'm following your blog now and can't wait to read more! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know what you mean about sabotaging good things, I catch myself doing it all the time, it's like I figure if I push someone away first then they will never have the chance to hurt me, but then I realize I'm hurting myself by doing this! I am trying really really hard not to do this with this one! I'm super old fashioned and I believe in the thought of "date to marry" don't date someone you couldn't see yourself marrying. And I can see that with N, he has been everything and more for me, so I'm going to enjoy the time I have with him no matter how long or short!

      Delete
    2. You've definitely got yourself headed in the right direction and are thinking about things in a good light! Give N a chance, take it one day at a time, and don't let your subconscious take over and sabotage your happiness... you deserve it! :-)

      Delete