Monday, October 15, 2012

Who is this ranting college girl?

Decided I would tell a little bit about myself to try and get used to this whole blogging thing. To start off with I am a struggling college student and I never seem to be able to run out of things to complain about when it comes to college! My school screws us over so bad, they drop your classes and then you have to re-sign up for them and hope you get the same classes that you had. The university book store jacks up the prices of books, and I know that all bookstores do but damn!!! I bought a book off Amazon for $8 and used from the bookstore they wanted me to pay $150! What is that crazy nonsense?! That doesn't make any sense to me!

Currently I am studying Criminal Justice and it is a pain in my butt! You would think now-a-days guys aren't such pigs and can understand that women can work in this field as well, but no! Half of the guys in my classes think that I belong in the kitchen! Are you kidding me?! The kitchen.. want to know a fun fact? All the knives are in the kitchen too! Sure I'll go there! They are sexist pigs, and I work my ass off to make sure that I get one of the highest grades on any test we have every single time!

Against mommy's wishes I am going to switch my major. I want to be a large animal vet, I have been thinking about switching majors pretty much since I started college. This will probably mean another 4 years or so on top of the almost two I've already done, but oh well. Life goes on. I wasn't going to cuz my mom is so against it, but I don't live my life to please that woman, and if I do I'll be the most miserable person in the world, I need to do this for me whether she likes it or not! At least my best friend is supportive. He told me he would support my decision no matter what it was. His exact words were "I'll be your rock when the water is too swift, your shade tree when the sun is beating down, and the roof over your head when it's raining" Awe! How cute, right?!

He seems super cute and sweet, too every time I tell him I'm seeing someone he finds a reason I shouldn't! I really don't understand, it's not like we can ever be together, he lives in Oklahoma. I live 15 hours away from him. He's my best friend, he knows everything about me that someone could possibly know, and I love him. I do, with all my heart, but I can't be with him. And even if we lived closer I'm not sure I would want to anyways. You know the saying "friend zoned" yeah that's him. He's more my brother than anything else and I would never date him.  

The guy I do like on the other hand I would. Currently, as you can guess, no my best friend M doesn't like him, he hates him. But at least he has accepted that we will probably date. Oh well, here I go rambling on over and over and over and over again. Guess I'm done. I think if I remember anyways, I will leave you with a thought of the day.

Today's thought:
What makes a person wealthy? Is it how many nice things they have? The amount of money, cars, bedrooms in their house? Or is it something else? I may not have that much money, but I find myself the wealthiest person in the world.

1 comment:

  1. This was a fun read. We all rant and grumble here from time to time, it's a safe place to vent. We've all been where you are! I like that you do have friends, and even dating possibilities in your life. And I LOVE that you realize that friendships and caring are worth far more than anything money can buy. You are wiser than you give yourself credit for! Good luck with your career ambitions. I live in rural West Texas where my closest neighbor is a huge long-horned bull and his family. Large animal medicine is lucrative business in these parts! :-)

    ReplyDelete