Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Power of Hope

Today is Tuesday! And that means that Josie over at Two Shoes in Texas gave us a word prompt. Each week on Two Shoes Tuesday we are given a prompt and we can share a short story, poem, essay, thought, or photo relating to that topic. Today's topic is HOPE!

Hope is such a funny thing, so elusive some days we can have all the hope in the world others not so much. It can be such a silly thing "I hope that Johnny asks me out" (no I don't know anyone named Johnny, that's why I used it.) Or it can be me today, "I hope my dad is okay after his surgery."

A couple weeks ago I went home for my mom's birthday and learned that my dad had a lump in his throat, this freaked me out, that's the first time I needed hope, I needed to have the hope he would be okay. He had a doctors appointment the Monday after I went home and I was told the doctors were going to remove it and then they would know if it was cancerous.

I started talking to him on the phone more and more, I was so worried, nothing could happen to this man, this man who was my dad but not my father, this man who had sat in the bleachers of every soccer, softball, basketball game, every track meet, and every single drama play I had. I prayed and hoped every night he would be okay.

Today I found out he is doing well. I was so happy!!! Everything I had hoped for these past few weeks had turned out okay!! He is recovering and can't talk for another week or so, my mom is home taking care of him even though I feel like it should be me down there helping him! I am so happy that he is okay, it gives me hope, hope in the power of prayer! I was hopeful he would be okay, and it turns out he is! The power of hope and prayer can do amazing things!

5 comments:

  1. This was a wonderful post! A powerful testimony to the power of both hope and faith in our lives! I believe in the power of prayer and I see it manifested in your post. The love you have for your father shines thru in every word and will be a powerful healing force for him as well. Hope means daring to believe things will be ok, and I am so happy for you and for him that they are! Thank you for the smile to end my night with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Dad's ok! your post gives me more hope in prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am glad that your dad is better. Strange things happen, were people praying for him?

    My SIL had a lump in her throat and had lost her voice for a couple of months before she could have surgery.
    The night before surgery she regained her voice. The next day, the surgeon doing the surgeon could find no mass there.
    We all had been praying for her, a few hundreds of us and them. I think it was an answer to prayer. She is back singing in the choir now after about five weeks.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome story. Yes, there is hope in prayer. and I am so glad he's ok.

    ReplyDelete